Charities & Not-For-Profit Investors
Warakirri Ethical Global Equities
Established in November 2016, the Warakirri Ethical Global Equities (WEGE) provides charitable and institutional investors access to a professionally managed global equities portfolio, offering diversification by geography, industry sector, and market capitalisation, while incorporating the Warakirri Ethical Overlay
The benefits of the WEGE include:
- Exposure to an underlying investment manager Northcape with a proven capability in managing global equities.
- Northcape’s approach to global equities focuses on deep fundamental research to identify high quality companies that have a structural and sustainable competitive advantage and allows their experienced portfolio managers to focus on their highest conviction ideas.
- The investment team directly managing the global equity investment strategy have an average 20 years industry experience.
- Access to an investment vehicle typically holding between 20 to 40 global equities offering diversification by company, industry sector, and geography.
- Incorporation of the Warakirri Ethical Overlay.
- Provision of fully transparent reporting on a monthly basis.
- Income distributions available semi-annually.
Performance for this offering is available on request. For a performance summary, please contact investor relations on +61 3 8613 1111 or email@example.com
Who does this investment suit?
The Warakirri Ethical Global Equities is best suited to:
Access to Proven Investment Manager
Warakirri Ethical Overlay
The Warakirri Ethical Overlay is managed by Warakirri and incorporates both positive and negative components, as detailed below.
The positive overlay component incorporates a focus on investment in sustainable businesses that exhibit sound environmental, social and governance practices.
The negative component excludes investment in companies that Warakirri considers have significant businesses involved in:
- Provision of gaming products and/or services;
- Manufacture of tobacco products;
- Manufacture of products that could contribute to increased levels of obesity;
- Manufacture of alcoholic beverages; and
- Manufacture of products for military applications.
- Extraction of Thermal Coal and Coal Seam Gas
Warakirri is ultimately responsible for the application and implementation of the Warakirri
Warakirri adds value through:
- Managing the ethical screen.
- Intensive ongoing monitoring – typically onsite discussions with each manager at least twice per quarter.