Superannuation & Pension Investors
Warakirri after-tax benchmarking and performance analytics
Warakirri Asset Management is a leading provider of after-tax benchmarking, reporting and performance analytics. Warakirri’s tailored reporting and analysis helps superannuation funds and fund managers improve the after-tax returns that are paid to superannuation fund members and investors. Warakirri has been benchmarking Australian equities portfolios on an after-tax basis since 2007.
Historically, Australian equities fund managers have been benchmarked and remunerated on a before-tax basis. Given superannuation fund members receive their benefits on an after-tax basis, benchmarking the performance of Australian equity portfolios on an after-tax basis better aligns manager incentives with the returns that are paid to investors.
Warakirri’s proprietary after-tax benchmarking methodology measures all tax elements that apply to Australian equities investment. The methodology has been developed by Warakirri and industry leading finance and investment experts. All of Warakirri’s after-tax processes are examined annually by Deloitte to ensure compliance with Australian taxation principles.
Warakirri provides after-tax benchmarks and analysis for more than $45 billion of Australian equities.
Benefits of Warakirri’s after-tax benchmarking and performance analytics
- Helps to improve the after-tax returns for superannuation fund members
- Assists superannuation funds with the allocation of new capital
- Helps superannuation funds meet regulatory requirements, including APRA Prudential Standards and the Superannuation Industry (Supervisions) Act 1993
- An after-tax performance track record helps fund managers demonstrate their after-tax investment management capabilities
Implementing Warakirri’s after-tax benchmarking is simple
- All transaction and tax-lot data is sourced directly from clients’ custodians
- Warakirri has a dedicated team to assist superannuation funds and fund managers with queries
- The cost of Warakirri’s service is nominal in comparison to the potential performance and reporting benefits
Warakirri After-tax Quarterly Performance Survey
Warakirri’s after-tax quarterly performance survey is the first of its kind in Australia. The survey ranks the performance of Australia’s leading equities managers on an after-tax basis. The survey is a valuable tool for investment committees, superannuation fund staff and asset consultants for assessing the after-tax performance credentials of Australian equities fund managers. All performance figures are calculated using Warakirri’s proprietary after-tax benchmarking methodology.The survey includes three separate league tables:
- Large capitalisation portfolios, for investors with a 15% tax rate
- Large capitalisation portfolios, for investors with a 0% tax rate
- Small capitalisation portfolios, for investors with a 15% tax rate
To become a subscriber to the survey or for more information, please contact investor relations on
+61 3 8613 1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Warakirri after-tax publications
If you would like to learn more about Warakirri’s after-tax benchmarking and performance analytics, please contact investor relations on +61 3 8613 1111 or email@example.com