Charities & Not-For-Profit Investors
Warakirri Australian Equities Pensions & Charities Fund
Established in June 2008, the Warakirri Australian Equities Pensions & Charities Fund (WAEPCF) is a multi-manager Australian equities fund managed from the perspective of a tax-exempt investor that can utilise franking credits. It has been designed specifically for superannuation members in pension phase and charitable investors.
Warakirri believes that investment strategies should differ when managing Australian equities for tax-exempt investors. As such, the Fund invests with high quality Australian equities investment managers that, drawing from experience, Warakirri has identified as having the ability to manage tax-exempt investments. The fund typically holds 100+ companies. All fund income is distributed quarterly to investors.
As at 30 June 2017, the WAEPCF has returned +13.4% p.a. (net of fees, after franking credits) since its 2008 inception. This has been +1.7% p.a. (after fees) in excess of its benchmark, an after-tax version of the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index assuming tax-exempt status.
*After-tax benchmark is based on the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
For a more detailed performance summary, please contact investor relations on +61 3 8613 1111 or email@example.com
Who does this investment suit?
The Warakirri Australian Equities Pensions and Charities Fund is best suited to:
Access to Proven Investment Managers
Current managers are:
- Allan Gray
- Alliance Bernstein - Managed Volatility
- Alliance Bernstein - Australian Opportunities
- Cooper Investors
- Greencape Capital
- Paradice Investment Management - Mid Cap
Consistent & Proven Investment Approach
Warakirri adds value through active management by:
- Rigorously analysing managers and their stock portfolios;
- Constructing portfolios of managers with different styles;
- Blending managers to mitigate individual portfolio manager, single firm, or style risk; and
- Intensive ongoing monitoring – typically onsite discussions with each manager at least twice per quarter.