Charities & Not-For-Profit Investors
Warakirri Charitable Diversified Equities Fund
Established in June 2014, the Warakirri Charitable Diversified Equities fund (WCDE) is a multi-manager Australian equities fund designed and managed for charitable and tax-exempt investors. Based on our longer running fund, the Warakirri Australian Equities Pensions & Charities Fund, the WCDEF takes advantage of Warakirri’s long-standing expertise in developing multi-manager funds and incorporates the Warakirri Ethical Overlay.
The WCDE provides a diversified exposure to high quality Australian equities managers identified by Warakirri as having the ability to manage tax-exempt investments. The fund typically holds 100+ companies. All fund income is distributed quarterly to investors.
As at 30 September 2018, the WCDE has returned +10.5% p.a. (net of fees, after franking credits) since its June 2014 inception. This has been +1.4% p.a. (after fees) in excess of its benchmark, an after-tax version of the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index assuming tax-exempt status.
Who does this investment suit?
The Warakirri Charitable Diversified Equities fund is best suited to:
Access to Proven Investment Managers
Current managers are:
- Alliance Bernstein
- Cooper Investors
- Greencape Capital
- Sterling Equity
- Ubique Asset Management
Warakirri Ethical Overlay
The Warakirri Ethical Overlay is managed by Warakirri and incorporates both positive and negative components, as detailed below.
The positive overlay component incorporates a focus on investment in sustainable businesses that exhibit sound environmental, social and governance practices.
The negative component excludes investment in companies that Warakirri considers have significant businesses involved in:
- Provision of gaming products and/or services;
- Manufacture of tobacco products;
- Manufacture of products that could contribute to increased levels of obesity;
- Manufacture of alcoholic beverages; and
- Manufacture of products for military applications.
- Extraction of Thermal Coal and Coal Seam Gas
Warakirri is ultimately responsible for the application and implementation of the Warakirri
Consistent & Proven Investment Approach
Warakirri adds value through active management by:
- Rigorous analysis of managers and their stock portfolios;
- Constructing portfolios of managers with different styles;
- Blending managers to mitigate individual portfolio manager, single firm, or style risk; and
- Intensive ongoing monitoring – typically onsite discussions with each manager at least twice per quarter.